Our educational school visits are based around Key stage 1 & 2, but can be adapted to projects that are taking place within schools we like to tailor what we offer to the needs of the school. We have finalised a programme for school visits to satisfy elements of the national curriculum.
1. Interactive Flying Display with the children flying our Hawks, Falcons and Owls
- The display will show how the birds use their specialised features to find their food and catch it. How do the birds know where the food is? How do they find food in the wild? What do they eat?
- The effect of the flying on the heart rate and the increased use of energy when “exercising”.
- The display which is really fun involves audience participation with birds diving and swooping after food. The display will at the same time reinforce the topics above.
2. Question and answer time.
Children will also be asked or can ask questions. (We also provide a question sheet) this will be used to discuss the 5 senses: sight, hearing, taste, smell and touch.
3. The last stage of the visit the children will have the opportunity to handle our birds, which will enable them to be up close with our wonderful Birds of Prey creating memories that will last a life time.
The Handling sessions will give the children an opportunity to experience close up to these beautiful birds
The above experience will last approximately one and half hours, we tailor our experience to the needs of the school, some schools will require half days and even a full day in order to enable all the school to have this experience please feel to discuss the needs of your school with us.
We have already started to take bookings for 2018. We do get very busy so in order to avoid disappointment and to be able to guarantee a visit on the day to suit you, please contact us as soon as possible.
For prices please contact us
Note – All our staff are DBS checked, we provide risk assessments on request.